Follow LynnLuxe on Twitter

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

::Hair Evolution Pt.2::Strand by Strand::


Before Hair Evolution Pt.1, when someone asked what was my favorite or best asset, I would have said my eyes hands down, but after seeing how many hair transformations I've gone through...right now today I would definitely say MY HAIR! As much as I hate my hair-along with the rest of the world-I love it just the same. Forget those catchy lyrics 'I am not my hair...' I am every bit of my hair...every strand. I believe a woman's hair directly relates to her beauty overall, or at-least the persona that she is trying to portray. Whether she is literally bald or has hair to her ankles, it's all a part of the package.

When life hands you lemons....pass the scissors!!!

Have you ever found yourself in the salon chair solely because of a break-up, or just some random life happening?(which of course at the time you thought was the end of the world). I wasn't so much of a scissor happy person, I was the one to reach for the at-home dye kit! For years my hair color was chosen simply to reflect the 'phase' I was in, or more so my mood of the month and/or year.

I began dying my hair in the 4th grade with my Mother's burgundy rinse, and yes you read that correctly...the 4th grade,(I'm the youngest child..don't be jealous of my freedom..lol).
From then on I was in love with different colors and shades, and even just curious to see how far I could push my strands. I quickly found out how far in Junior year of high school when I relaxed my hair and permanently dyed it in the same night; needless to say I had a weave over the middle of my hair for about a year!

Since then,(knock on wood), I haven't experienced any severe hair breakage during my color escapades.

Over the years I gradually focused more on styling and trying different lengths instead of my usual different color hair every week. I thought I had found tried-and-true regimen for growing my hair out only to find out from a REAL professional stylist that my theory was completely backwards. My regimen for a good 3-4yrs, mostly during college, was to wash my hair 1-2 times a week, wrap it and let it air dry, and then to grease my scalp. I only used grease when I was trying to grow out my hair, and I really thought it was the grease that was causing my hair to grow, but I've learned that it really is the stimulation from my fingers while greasing my scalp..ah ha! Well money down the drain for all that grease..lol

Then there's the point in life when you get a 'real' job...where all of a sudden you have to stop and think about your styles and/or color, simply because you have to show up in-office...ugh..the worse....lol. Honestly, I'm glad this point came along because now I get to explore a whole new road...much less traveled by me...this street is named Healthy Hair Avenue! During this exploration I began to use the Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo and Conditioner, and now you can't get me to use anything else. It keeps my hair really soft, and I don't know how, but I feel like it protects it from the heat usage. Now I actually go to a stylist and she has worked wonders..I may even go natural(brace yourselves for foolery if I do)....my hair goal now is to have it a little pass my shoulders by July, so then I can start from there and cut it! LOL--Classic Me!

Throughout all the changes, there have been equal changes personally that I know played huge roles in the way I kept my hair. The average person has between 100k-150k strands of hair and I look at that as a 100k-150k ways to express myself! So carry the 3, divide by 2, round up...I should have about 124,845 more changes in my lifetime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment