Follow LynnLuxe on Twitter

Monday, November 22, 2010

When in Rome....

From my first business trip to the Chi..I knew I was an outcast! My perfectly paired interview look (or so I thought) was a black button up blouse, white skirt, pearls and ofcourse my Louboutins...

Can you spy the missing link??? Tights!

I swear I was the only woman on Michigan Ave with bare legs, and I stood out like a sore thumb. See, me and tights have had a roller-coaster love affair- either I think I'm too slender for them, or I wear them and they set off a itch-a-thon on my poor legs..but moving here meant the end of bare legs and I am determined to make this work!

My first go at it was last week..I wore a black blouse, my *new* tan suede skirt(that I LOVE) and *TIGHTS* with black booties!
Now, I wish I could say this was a complete success, but 85% of the day I was scratching away at my legs...I'm hoping perhaps after a few more try's perhaps my little chicken legs will learn to love tights.
I stumbled upon this great blogpost via Chicago Now, titled "Winter Shorts:IN or OUT"

I used to not get this whole style at all...but now I'm totally digging it! Especially the look below!
(via Who, What, Wear)
So my next bout with tights will be with Winter Shorts-I''ll keep you posted...and check out the link for a cute little lookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment