Follow LynnLuxe on Twitter

Thursday, August 27, 2009

::Mid-Day Funny::


I know you're confused with the title and all, but this is hilarious to me! Is Jay-Z Bigger than Hip-Hop??????? Come on XXL...are ya'll serious...or in the words of my sis.."IS YOU REEEAAALLL SERIOUS??? No ONE man is bigger than hip-hop...I repeat...No ONE man is bigger than hip-hop, and to state this anywhere on paper makes me my mind go to my main man Nas...
Hip-Hop would certainly have to be dead and buried if Jay is bigger than the movement. Now don't get me wrong...I am a certified Jay-Z fan...certified...but I'll be damn if he out runs a whole movement. I mean granted, he has distanced himself from the recent foolery of the so-called hip-hop scene, but what people don't realize is hip-hop is bigger than...hip-hop. Everything it entails is what makes it so diverse...it's evolved...like social media...hip-hop artists stay relevant just by Tweeting...not a hot album..not hot lyrics...but clever tweets keep you relevant...CRAZINESS, but moreso...the truth. Is Jay-Z truly the hottest rapper, or best business man, or even a mogul, or is it his persona that makes us think he is....or pics such as the one above(lol). But think about it..and you will hate me after this..but let's look at...drum roll..

T-Pain...


And yes I found the wackiest photo! But look at him...I don't care if he was sitting at the head of a conference table, I would still say...he's nuts...he couldn't be a business man, a mogul, let alone a decent rapper...and that's all off of his persona. This wacky guy just exudes coonery...but yet he was one of the highest paid artists last year, and his investment portfolio as well as business ventures are noted by Forbes Magazine.
Now pause...I am in no way comparing Jay-Z to T-Pain, I am merely challenging you to ask yourselves...If Jay-Z wasn't so laid back, wasn't so (fake) mystical about his life, and up and decided to dress like a ring-master...would you still call him the greatest????
Survey says...lyrically-YES..but we ain't talking lyrics in this post....(lol)..so my point you ask....my point is...these artists are just that...artists..he has created..Jay-Z...the same way T-Pain has created..T-Pain...and all in the name of Hip-Hop. So to personify this man as bigger than what made him is utterly ridiculous..and possibly the most hilarious thing I've heard in a long time, therefore making this cover LDL's Mid-Day Funny!
Disclaimer: This was a loose...and I do mean loose exploration of J's talents...for satirical purposes...I give credit where credit is due..and the man is a lyrical genius...but I had to go Brown Sugar on ya'll...don't nobody mess with my Hip-Hop!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment