Follow LynnLuxe on Twitter

Thursday, October 22, 2009

::High on Life::


I've been reflecting a lot lately on some of the old ways of life. Like the days when you did things just to keep up with others, or just not to give in to the norm, or hell, to simply prove people wrong! Ugghhhhh.....the dumb dayz! It's so nice to have a better understanding of yourself and the things that truly make YOU happy, it's almost like doing life over. I don't know about you guys, but I had a good 3-5yrs of foolish living....or shall I say, not living at all.

I stayed in a relationship just because I didn't want the so-called haterz to get their wish, when really there wish should have very well been my command! I've kept jobs because I wanted the so-called norm of a career, or to look like a working woman, when really I was missing out on being young, and just focusing on my studies. These are just a few examples of what most of us go through..in the dumb dayz!

It feels so good to know that I wake up...for ME...

I walk, talk, and breathe for ME....and I hate that we have to go through the bull just to get to the common sense of it all.

While I'm thankful for those moments of idiocy that gave me the knowledge that I have now, it does make me wonder how different things would be if I knew then what I know now. But I guess this thing wouldn't be called life.

Unfortunately, some people don't have their dumb dayz in their younger years, and that's where the real sadness lies.

I just hope that maybe they're reading this...and learning that noone can make you happy...but YOU. Live for you...wear those kicks for you...rock that dress for you...love that person for you...leave that person for you...be who you are..for YOU.

Dreamers.Unite.


No comments:

Post a Comment