Follow LynnLuxe on Twitter

Thursday, October 08, 2009

::A Wedding Story::

8 months to go....and I already need to be re-energized! Granted the bones of our wedding plans are complete...but I'm a detail person...meaning it's the design that keeps me up at night. The closer it gets, the simpler I see our wedding. I had planned to keep it simple chic....very modern...yet sweet, and the color that comes to mind is....white. So pure and beautiful...and if done correctly...BOLD. A planner once told me before you begin to plan your wedding, write a story about it. Let the story describe the feel of your day, and then create your event around the tale. Soooo...here's my story...
(Ault Park Rose Garden-ugly chairs..lol)

The sun awakened and spilled upon all the flowers in the garden, while a sea of white took center stage to begin a day of romance. As the guests filed in, they were chilled by the Ice garden chairs placed to all equally be the best seat in the house. Awaiting the bride they were romanced into a trance by the sweet strings of the quartet sending notes into the wind.

Once the vows were read, and the two were wed, it was time to fly off to NYC for a penthouse gathering to celebrate the love they shared.
(Contemporary Arts Center-Reception Location)

The glass door opens, and your senses begin to play. The cold grey concrete is met with another sea of white to give the best balance between sleek and chic. As they passed through the room to their seats, they were greeted by pops of deep purple lilies accented with simple white tulips.
After wining and dining, the party danced into the night with the lights of the city guiding there way through the dance floor.

Ok..wish me luck...and stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. OMG you just scared me for a moment. I just decided this weekend that I'm going to mimick Khloe Kardashian's colors, which were purple...but a lighter purple. Whew! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. O LOL...dont worry..I'm just using the deep purple as an accent color anyway...it will be more white and silver/grey....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My original wedding color was purple... :) too funny

    ReplyDelete