Follow LynnLuxe on Twitter

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

::LDL Annoyance::Plaxico Edition::



Plaxico sentenced to TWO YEARS IN PRISON! Does this annoy anyone else?? Someone please agree with me...let's explore...

"Burress, a nine-year veteran with the Giants and Pittsburg Steelers, became a Super Bowl hero when he caught the winning touchdown pass in the last minute of the Giants' 17-14 upset win over the previously unbeaten New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.
Burress and former teammate Antonio Pierce were at the Latin Quarter nightclub in Manhattan in late November 2008 when a gun tucked into Burress' waistband slipped down his leg and fired, shooting him in the right thigh.
The bullet narrowly missed a nightclub security guard who was standing inches away, prosecutors said. It lodged in the floor and was recovered by a bartender.
The gun was not licensed in New York or in New Jersey, where Burress lived. His license to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Florida had expired in May 2008.
Prosecutors said Pierce drove Burress to a hospital, then took the gun to his own home in New Jersey. It was later delivered to Burress' home. Pierce, who also testified before the grand jury, was not charged." (c) Espn reporter Sal Paolantonio & AP

So...he shot himself...HIMSELF...

One more time...so did he shoot HIMSELF??

Ok...now...I'm all for the Law and all...and I understand the concealed weapon charge...but come on..when's the last time someone spent 2yrs in jail on a concealed weapon charge...I mean maybe 30days...but wait...now let's see what get's you 30 days in jail....

(and yes...I put his MUGSHOT because that's the way he deserves to be shown)

"Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth has begun serving a 30-day jail sentence Tuesday June 19th, for DRUNKEN accident that KILLED 59-year-old Mario Reyes. The 28-year-old NFL player could have faced as much as 15 years behind bars but received a relatively light sentence because he cooperated with authorities and Reyes's family decided not to pursue the matter thoroughly so they could get on with their lives. Stallworth reached a confidential financial settlement with Reyes's family." (c) sports.yahoo.com

If this isn't the biggest bunch of B.S. I don't know what is...First strike...you were drinking and driving...I don't care where you're from...how old you are...NOT COOL...Second strike...you killed a man...again....NEVER COOL....

So what does one gather from this story....FOOLISHNESS...maybe if Plaxico had reached a financial agreement with HIMSELF...then maybe he wouldn't have pressed charges against HIMSELF....

I dont know people...things like this really get under my skin...I'm not saying Plaxico did absolutely nothing wrong here but where is the true justice in giving this man 2yrs for something that the average joe can plea to a lesser charge for with a darn public defender...I'm boggled...and then his fellow NFL'r can leave the club SPLIT at 6am...hit a pedestrian..kill him..and go on vacation in jail for 30days...and then go shoot the breeze....Lord help us....

I hate to sound so judgemental against the judicial system and even Mr. Stallworth...but this just doesnt add up to me...if I left the club drunk and killed a man with my car...I'm darn sure that I wouldn't see the light of day..moreso because I can't hand his family probadly millions...and because to be honest....I would deserve every single day handed to me by a judge..(and you can bring this post to court God forbid this ever happens!)

All in all...I'm livid...

Plaxico....do ya bid...and come back a better man...and hopefully an even better athlete...you can still use this situation to show others that one small mistake isn't worth your career...and hopefully other athletes will learn from you and maybe that's the good in this...I hate that YOU have to be the example...but I guess it is what it is....

On another note: Random Stat: Vick's first game back on 8/29 he completed 4 passes for 19yards.... (subliminal)

No comments:

Post a Comment